When Storefront Social began looking at providing social commerce solutions, we did extensive testing into the marketplace of our customers, facebook platform stability, security issues, transaction management and user experience. What we found is a clear distinction as to the troubles that our customer would face by doing commerce primarily on Facebook. Below are the advantages of using Storefront Social as a marketing platform versus the negatives we found conducting the transaction on Facebook.
[divider_thin] [col_1_2] [title h2="title_blue border"]Using Storefront Social as a Marketing Platform[/title] [check_list]
- Easy set up — Your storefront can be created in < 5 minutes
- Mirror your ecommerce store – simply connect an XML feed to keep your facebook storefront updated
- Control the layout and style of your storefront
- A user that clicks the BUY NOW button is committed to learning more and purchasing. Take advantage of this interest by ensuring your ecommerce site is fast, branded, and the transaction process is the best it can be.
- Set up the store, and enjoy the extra traffic generated to your site so you get a holistic view of the various traffic channels you can monetize to your website.
- Have to manage a separate ecommerce portal complete with customer information management, refunds, support
- Not a true brand representation of the company’s ecommerce site
- Small window doesn’t provide a relaxed purchasing experience.
- Reliance on the stability of Facebook’s notoriously shaky platform for developers
- Reliance on another application layer on top of a merchant layer causing a 3 layered latency for fast transactions.